Course Name: Defensive Handgun-2
Training Contractor: 540 Tactical
Course Description: This 5 hour class builds upon the skills learned in Defensive Handgun-1. You will learn the fundamentals of firing under stress, combat and tactical reloads, single handed firing as well as extended fields of fire to 10 yards.
Prerequisites: You must have taken Defensive Handgun 1 from 540 Tactical prior to taking this class. Must be able to legally possess a handgun and must bring (or rent) all required gear.
Required Gear: Please bring all handguns to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed
• Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved
• Must be legally able to own and possess a handgun
• Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency
• A center fire handgun in good working condition- no sharing of handguns permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense
• 150 rounds of factory new ammunition. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS
• A sturdy belt for that will support your gun and loaded magazines in a mag pouch.
• An approved belt holster as detailed below:
o All Holsters must be external hip/belt holsters positioned at 3:00 (or 9:00 for lefties).
o Inside the waist band (IWB) holsters, Shoulder, Appendix, Thigh or Crossdraw are holsters are not permitted in this class. No drawing from concealment is permitted in this class.
o Kydex or rigid leather style holsters are preferred as the top must remain open at all times as the shooter must be able to holster single handed.
o These holster requirements are crucial so please contact 540 Tactical directly with any questions on holster requirements.
• 3 magazines total or 2 speed loaders if using a revolver
• Magazine pouch or speed loader pouch
• Protective safety glasses that are ANSI approved wrap around safety glasses, or prescription safety glasses with side shields.
• Ear/hearing protection. Both ear plugs and ear muffs are recommended for use in the indoor range.
• A baseball style hat with a visor.
• A case for your handgun (please bring your handgun to the range in this case)
• Clothing appropriate for the weather
• All shirts must be tucked in to the waistband in order to safely draw and holster your gun.
• Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes
Course Location: Clubhouse and Action Range
June 4, 12:30pm-5:00pm
September 10 12pm-5pm
December 10 12pm-5pm
Questions: Please contact 540 Tactical directly with any questions regarding this course or the requirements.